Pages

Subscribe:

The FA Level 2 Coaching Course - Is It Worth Doing?

Hi,

I took the FA level 2 coaching course last year and was astonished by how in depth the course content was. Now I have played football for the most part of my life, but had no idea just how much knowledge is required to effectively coach a team.

For example, although I probably did it naturally on the pitch, I actually had no idea of what was involved in support play, and how to apply that to my game. That was until I went on my FA level 2 coaching course anyway. The course goes into a lot of details on subjects such as creating width and depth, using support play in attacking situations, and defensive situations.

After day one I literally thought to myself, is this course right for me. You see, I went on the course to learn a little more about coaching a youth team, as I was coaching my son's team at the time. Not until I turned up for the course did I really have any thoughts on what the content might be about.

Looking back I wish I had prepared more and done a little more research. I now know that there are plenty of programs and resources available to help you with your coaching badges. That would have made life a lot easier for sure.

Essentially the course covers sixteen core topics. Each topic requires you to plan, prepare and evaluate a session with your team. You will spend time on the FA level 2 coaching course learning how to deliver a session on any one of the given topics. By the end you should be able to deliver this session in an effective and logical manner.

I also learned more about the laws of the game, how to avoid injuries, fitness on and off the pitch, and the benefits of a healthy diet for your sports players.

As a final thought, if you are interested in taking your football coaching to the next level, then the FA level 2 coaching course is an excellent opportunity. It is difficult, and does require your time and effort. However, the coaching staff are professional and fun. This makes learning so much easier.

FA level 2 football coaching courses are available in all areas, and your club will usually foot the bill, or a percentage of it at least. Once you have gained your FA level 2 coaching certificate you will then be able to look at other options for future training.

I can highly recommend this course if you want to become a better coach, and yes, it is worth doing!

To learn more about what is required on the course see FA Level 2 Coaching Course information.


View owner article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment