Pages

Subscribe:

How to Put Yourself in the Zone

Tonight I watched a young man (15 year old, Sophomore), get his first crack at "playing" varsity football. We'll call him Aaron, well because Aaron is his name.

Aaron's a superb soccer player the doubles in the fall as a field goal and place kicker. Some have said he's a natural.

But I believe he is not a natural. I've seen his work ethic, focus, confidence, and mental toughness. Those are the secret pieces of the puzzle that got him pulled up to Varsity as a back up kicker as a sophomore.

Tonight he stepped up mentally and was prepared to step into the game when the head coach called on him.

After tonight's game his stats look like this:

Touchback
Missed P.A.T.
False start kickoff
Kick off returned 15 yards

I could see and feel, in his mind this was a superb performance.

When the game ended I rushed to catch up with Aaron to find out his mental state after his performance.

The first words out of his mouth were, "Did you see my P.A.T.? I wish I could take that back!"

I decided this was a good opportunity to help him leapfrog his current mental position. So I encouraged him to "Let it go mentally" and then asked him two questions:

1. Where was your mistake? He said, "I was thinking about it!"

2. What do you do when you play soccer? With a smile on his face He said, "I JUST PLAY!"

He got it... There's no reason to think about it in a game situation. All you do is "JUST PLAY!"

One of the secrets to success is remembering that thinking, contemplating, analyzing mistakes are important to achieving success. But they should be done at home, in the car, while showering, before bed, at practice - but NEVER in the game.

Mental rehearsal and evaluating mistakes are to be done pre-game and post game.

Game time is only about Doing. Acting. Execution. Allowing the work you put in at practice to flow through you.

Game time is your opportunity to breathe deeply, remember the goals you've already set, focus on the end result. Then Let it Go! Breathe Deeply! Then Go Do IT.

This my friend is the fastest and most effective way to achieve success.

Add in the Zen breathing exercises I teach and you will find yourself centered, relaxed and focused on your goals. You'll be in the zone!

If you want the greatest opportunity to achieve your goals and perform at your highest potential then I strongly urge you to follow the system I laid out in this report.

That way you can put yourself in the ZONE on command.


View owner article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment